Wednesday, June 28, 2006

i am so in love with beirut right now

Other than the new Cursive and UnderOath records (both are amazing!), I have been listening to lots of Beirut (aka young Zach Condon) lately. Although I didn’t really like Condon’s singing style at first, I was surely fascinated by the musical styles on Gulag Orkestar. After about half a dozen listens, I grew to accept and enjoy the vocal while the musical side of Gulag Orkestar still fascinates me! I can’t really explain the music of Beirut except that it sounds like an exploration through Eestern Europe... if that makes any sense at all. So, before ending this very short introduction of Beirut, I just have to say that the music on Gulag Orkestar is beyond fascinating... it is fun, unique, and absolutely original!! Conclusion: I highly recommend Beirut!!!

The Gulag Orkestar
Prenzlauerberg
Postcards from Italy
[wicked-cool song]
Mount Wroclai (Idle Days) [wicked-cool song]
Rhineland (Heartland)
Scenic World
[wicked-cool song]
The Canals of Our City
***all files have expired, reload upon request

buy Gulag Orkestar here

No comments: