Monday, October 16, 2006

update

I have never been so busy with school in my life... I think I had about ten hours of sleep in the last four days!!! What have I been working on? Well, I am glad you asked... I created my first "professional looking-ish" book/magazine... it is all about punk posters from the 70s and 80s. Anyways, I took some photos of the thing, if anyone is interested.


Alright, I have to go take a shower and get back to more school-related work now. Hopefully, I will post some music requests up in the near future, and I will also post some new music up too (I’ve been listening to non-stop Girl Talk, Converge, and Senses Fail and lots and lots of classic music in the past few days). Again, this post is pretty pointless... whatever... I just wanted to post something and didn't feel like writing a music review or uploading songs because that would take too long.

Peace,
Jackmannn

8 comments:

roro said...

jackman that looks wicked!! i like the pink! and the "splotches" of it on the text...

no wonder, i tried to call you like 5 times this weekend, and didn't hear back from you, school is effing busy for me too, but atleast you're doing cool stuff, sigh!

Anyhow, maybe we can hang out sometime later on in the week (maybe thursday or friday?)

peace-out hommie

Jackman said...

i got the message you left, but that's all... i didn't get any missed calls! anyways, lets hang out for sure on thursday or friday!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, love the cover, as for the crit, another alternative you could use or could have covered it in is maybe craft paper? Lol, I think I mentioned that before tho, with a stamp or something, kind of like that whole paper bag idea we were talking about in Frans. I think the typography could have been pushed more, have a greater look of urgency, maybe also not line up the pics so much... but then again I can't see the whole thing so I don't know if you've done that already. I really like it tho! especially the title :D *claps*

...wait, I don't remember if you asked for a crit or not :S if not then dont listen to what I said! XD

Jackman said...

i made a paper bag cover with logo using craft paper... and yea, you are right about the pics being too lined up... i can't really do anything with that now... next time!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I also like the splotches, they remind me of the blood spots that result when I scalp people.

Tatonka

I also like the rest of it. Good job! Savor this moment, as it will be the last/only compliment I give you...as a matter of fact, you are about due to be murdered by me! Sleep fearfully, my friend.

roro said...

Tatonka we must be soul-mates cause we love splotches so much!

Anonymous said...

Dude you're so hired to do my manifesto!

Jackman said...

haha, i can totally invasion your manifesto... you’d probably write a code on banning/killing emo kids!
and i would probably declare a law stating that brandon flowers should not be able to live for one more second!