Thursday, October 26, 2006

if you can't understand the blues, you don't know much

Do you like blues music? Yeah, you are not the only one; I am not big on the blues either. Other than a few Muddy Waters tracks I heard during my North American Popular Music class last year, I actually don’t really know much about blues. Do people even make modern blues anymore?? Haha, that was probably the stupidest comment/question ever, since I am recommending a blues-ish record in this post. The Black Keys’ new disc, Magic Potion (not to be mistaken with The Magic Position by Patrick Wolf) is a mixture of classic rock, psychedelic rock, and blues. The record came out this year, but it sounds like something that was made in the late 60s or early 70s. Particularly with "Just A Little Heat", it freaking sounds like a Jimi Hendrix song; or "Give Your Heart Away", which reminds me of Led Zeppelin. Magic Potion is definitely a nice, relaxing, chill-out record. I had an incredible high level of rage and sorrow inside me in the past 12 hours, and the album really act as a magic potion to calm me down.

Just Got To Be
Just A Little Heat
Give Your Heart Away
Modern Times

***files have expired, reload upon request

buy Magic Potion here.

No comments: