Monday, October 30, 2006

sex, fuck, and fluorescent lighting

My first impressions of Blink 182 minus Tom Delonge... oh sorry, I mean +44’s long-awaited debut, When Your Heart Stops Beating was pretty disappointing. Like I just said, it is merely Blink 182 minus Tom. When news broke out that Mark and Travis is forming +44, it was said that they will experiment on new sounds... techno and electronica from what I remember. There’s nothing techno about When Your Heart Stops Beating... it’s pure Blink... anyways, despite the pretty negative opening, I am actually kind of recommending When Your Heart Stops Beating. It is not a bad record, but it is nothing really special either. It is more rock, more serious sounding than the usual Blink materials. In a way, maybe I am forcing myself to listen and to like this record because I was a huge Blink 182 fan. My enjoyment for When Your Heart Stops Beating will most likely die out very soon (possibly by the end of the week), but for now, I am liking it and it has been projecting loudly from my speakers in the past 48 hours.

Lycanthrope
Baby, Come On
When Your Heart Stops Beating
Cliff Diving
Chapter XIII

***files have expired, reload upon request

When Your Heart Stops Beating comes out on November 14, and in a few hours (starting October 31), you can preorder a great bundle from Loserkids.

No comments: