Wednesday, October 04, 2006

the future sounds promising

Back in 2004, Barsuk Records, along with MoveOn.org and Music For America released Future Soundtrack For America which featured some of the biggest names in the indie scene. For some strange reason, I was sitting in my room yesterday, and all the sudden, I wanted to hear Jimmy Eat World’s cover of "Game of Pricks" by Guided By Voices. So I put that track on, and eventually, I started listening to the rest of Future Soundtrack For America... which I probably haven’t listened to since it was first released. To be honest, I am not a big fan at all when it comes to compilation records, but this one is different... there are actually some extremely good tracks featured on it. Anyways, I posted a few of my favorites below, check them out if you want to.

OK GO - This Will Be Our Year (Zombies cover) [wicked-cool song]
David Byrne - Ain't Got So Far To Go
Jimmy Eat World - Game of Pricks (Guided By Voices cover, live on the BBC) [wicked-cool song]
Death Cab For Cutie - This Temporary Life
Blink 182 - I Miss You (James Guthrie mix)
Bright Eyes - Going for the Gold (live)
[wicked-cool song]
They Might Be Giants - Tippecanoe and Tyler Too (cover of 19th c. political song) [wicked-cool song]
Clem Snide - The Ballad Of David Icke
Nada Surf - Your Legs Grow
[wicked-cool song]
***files have expired, reload upon request

buy Future Soundtrack For America here

No comments: