Tuesday, July 11, 2006

they'll sit in cars and wait for mom to drive them out of this boring neighborhood

Defiance, Ohio is a kick-ass band: first, because their new release The Great Depression is an energetic folk-punk album. Second, because you can download the entire thing here. Who said downloading/sharing music is bad for the industry?!?! I have never heard of Defiance, Ohio before, but because of the band’s decision to share their songs, I am now a fan and will most likely buy The Great Depression vinyl from No Idea. If you like The Pogues or folk-punk music, you will definitely dig The Great Depression by Defiance, Ohio!!

download The Great Depression here
buy The Great Depression here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackman, I'm actually impressed with your music picks recently. What is happening to you? Some of the Format songs I got from your link were corrupt, and kept skipping. Link me up, from what I heard, they sounded really good. and I still don't have the Cursive album yet. Not saying anything, just saying. I've said enough.

Jackman said...

hmm... that's weird about the format songs... i have the album for months now and listened to the entire thing like more than 30 times and none of them skip... can you tell me the specific tracks so i can re-upload them. and as for cursive album, i'll re-upload that soon... i hope!