Monday, July 17, 2006

i'm back

Sorry folks, I know I have been slacking with this blog, but I have just be beyond crazy busy this past weekend: Robin’s surprise party, moving (pretty much finished!), etc. I actually stayed at the new place for a couple of days... I love living downtown... I like how I can use the new place as a rest stop like I did the other day because it was just way too hot and I needed a break from shopping (haha). Anyways, that's enough of me for now.

B. Fleischmann’s new disc The Humbucking Coil can be classified as sounding something between The Album Leaf and Air; although not as earthy sounding as The Album Leaf and not as up-beat and jazzy as Air. The album features only two vocal tracks: "Gain" and "From To". These two songs are highlights for me maybe because they contrast from the other instrumental tracks, or maybe because of the gentle voices and interesting lyrics heard on both recordings. Nevertheless, the rest of The Humbucking Coil consists of relaxing and beautiful instrumental songs. By relaxing, I don’t mean that they will put you to sleep. I guess what I am trying to say is that the tracks on The Humbucking Coil are like ambient/techno music for slow-dancing... you know, it is soothing music that you want to dance to... with someone or by yourself... if that makes any sense at all.

Gain
First Times
Static Grate
From To
***all files expire in 7 days

buy The Humbucking Coil here

No comments: