Monday, July 31, 2006

japan: build your castle, stop collecting stones

Holy crap, I’ve been in Japan for almost a week! Let’s see, I actually don’t have too much to tell... I stayed over at Jesse’s mom hotel at Yodoyabashi for the past two nights... which was in the middle of nowhere! We did the whole tourist thing yesterday: went to Osaka Castle and a traditional Japanese restaurant.

x
I loved the restaurant!! It was such an amazing experience! On the other hand, the Osaka Castle was kind of disappointing... I mean, the Castle and its surroundings are pretty incredible, but I was definitely disappointed by the inside of the castle. I was totally expecting the inside to be all traditional, old looking, etc., but it was renovated to become a tourist info guide about the castle... it was all modernized with hallways, elevators, and shops.




I am currently looking for hotels in Tokyo... I am planning to leave early tomorrow or the next day. Anyways, I have added more pictures to the Osaka set, you can check them out here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI JACKMAN!!

It looks like you're having a really great time in japan! I hope Tokyo goes well for you. Say hello to the harajuku girls for me, k?

p.s. surprise! i burned down our apartment! oops!
p.p.s. total j/k

Anonymous said...

Hey Bizzahs. Hope you're having fun. At this point, I'm pretty sure it's as hot in Toronto as it probably is in Osaka. You look so japanese already with your rolled-up jeans. Hahaha. Anyway, take care and continue to post pictures!

Anonymous said...

Also don't forget to go to Pallette Town in Odaiba, in Tokyo if you are anywhere in the area, I think it's supposed to be pretty cool.

Jackman said...

i am in tokyo right now staying in the shinjuku area... i`ll definitely check out pallette town if i can find it!