Friday, August 10, 2007

the pleasant odor of apathy

A while back, a reader recommended the new Idiot Pilot disc, Wolves, to me. I was disinterested at first because I thought their previous album was awful. Nevertheless, I decided to give the band another chance last week and to my surprise, I was very entertained by the new record. From start to finish, Wolves sounds tremendously similar to Muse. Aside from using more electronic beats and the occasional screaming, the guitar riffs as well as the vocal style is undeniably Muse influenced (or just plain rip-off). Sure, the album does sound generic at times, but overall, Wolves is a fine alternative rock album and additively enjoyable to listen to!!!

Elephant
In Record Shape
Red Museum [wicked-cool song]
***all files expire in 7 days or until bandwidth reaches its limit

Wolves is out on September 25, you can pre-order it here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should give you arrhythmia for calling their previous album awful.