Saturday, August 25, 2007

met a girl on a plane to canada, drinking wine, watching maid in manhattan

It is a crime that I have forgotten to review Good Shoes’s Think Before You Speak on this blog. It is pretty strange that I forgot to recommend Think Before You Speak since one: it is one of my top three albums of the year; and two: I have virtually told every one I know to listen to it! Think Before You Speak is a powerhouse pop record. With most songs under three and a half minutes long, the record is jam-packed with fast, catchy, and absolutely witty songs! There are endless highlights as well; in fact, every track on Think Before You Speak has the potential to become a massive hit single! About four minutes into the album lays the greatest song of the year! "Morden", the most serious and honest song of the record is the band’s commentary on their hometown Morden, located in south-west London. The next track, "All In My Head" is the song that introduced me to Good Shoes... it is probably one of the catchiest songs I have ever heard... why is this song not big!?!? Come on people, "All In My Head" has the power to create world peace! Sure, a few songs on Think Before You Speak are slightly cheesy, but as I have mentioned like a thousand times already, they are catchy as hell, and that's all that matter. Think Before You Speak is a must-have for every music lover out there because once in a while, everyone needs to let loose and just enjoy a fun pop record!

Morden [super-wicked-cool song] this is pretty much the best song of the year!!!
All In My Head [super-wicked-cool song]
Blue Eyes [wicked-cool song]
Sophia [wicked-cool song]
***all files expire in 7 days or until bandwidth reaches its limit

Good Shoes: Think Before You Speakbuy Think Before You Speak here

No comments: