Monday, October 08, 2007

he hit me and i was glad

I have to say, I am not really a big fan of Grizzly Bear... but I enjoy their single/video for "Knife" quite a lot and I am slowly getting to like Yellow House; nonetheless, I am excited for their upcoming EP, Friend mainly because it will feature Zach Condon, Band of Horses, and Atlas Sound’s version of "Knife"! Not to be outshined by other artists covering their songs, Grizzly Bear also contributed a cover on the EP as well. Their version of The Crystals’ "He Hit Me (And It Felt Like a Kiss)" is hauntingly gorgeous. The end lyrics to the song: "yes he hit me, and it felt like a kiss. He hit me and I knew I loved him. And then he took me in his arms with all the tenderness there is, and when he kissed me, he made me his" will always send chills down my spine. Surely, fans of the band will be trilled by this release as the covers and alternate versions on Friend EP provide a very unique take on Grizzly Bear songs.

He Hit Me (And It Felt Like a Kiss) [super-wicked-cool song]
Band of Horses - Plans
Atlas Sound - Knife [wicked-cool song]
***all files expire in 7 days or until bandwidth reaches its limit

Grizzly Bear: Friend [EP]Friend EP comes out on November 5th/6th, you can pre-order it here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are learning slowly. not all can understand beauty immediately!

Liam said...

chills down your curvy, slowching spine. byam.