Sunday, October 28, 2007

computers are evil

Sorry for the lack of updates this week, but my laptop gave up on me late Wednesday night and I have been trying to fix it since... anyways, it is back to normal now and I am ready to create some new posts!

It is pretty well known in the music world that Joy Division is one of the most important bands in the last 25 years. The band had such a giant impact that countless musicians today are still influenced by their music. That is definitely the case for Teenager, the dynamic girl/boy duo from Australia. For me, their debut album, Thirteen, sounds like a more upbeat Joy Division record with the experimental style that slightly resembles Suicide (who I think is even more influential than Joy Division, but that’s another story...) Regardless, I wouldn’t say that Teenager is a rip-off band in any way! They have utilized elements from some of the finest music from the past, spiced them up with their own styles, and the result is an outstanding debut record.

Liquid Cement [wicked-cool song]
Breaking Thunder/No Donor [wicked-cool song]
Bound And Gagged [wicked-cool song]
***all files expire in 7 days or until bandwidth reaches its limit

Teenager: Thirteenbuy Thirteen here

No comments: