Tuesday, August 29, 2006

what should i go see?

Wow, I haven’t seen a movie in the theatre for more than a month! (that is definitely a record for me) Two reasons for this absent in theatre going: First, I was in Japan for more than three weeks... a movie ticket cost close to $20 there, and all the English movies there did not interest me. But omg, guess what was/is out in Japan??? This movie called Tales of the Earthsea. It is a new anime created by Hayao Miyazaki’s son, Goro Miyazaki. I wanted to see it so badly, but I would not have understood anything as it was in Japanese. Second. I was just browsing Rotten Tomotoes earlier on, and I did’t see anything good out at all... except for The Descent, a great horror which I have already seen a while back. (you can read my review here) The only other films that I really want to see are Brothers of the Head and possibly Little Miss Sunshine.

By the way, can someone please get me the theme song to Tales of the Earthsea... it's called "Owari to Hajimari: Shudaika 'Toki no Uta'" with Aoi Teshima on vocals... I think that's the song on the trailer... it's really good!

No comments: