Tuesday, August 08, 2006

japan: tokyo pt. ii

On my last day, I went to see the Metropolitan Government Offices in Shinjuku, which is where my hotel was. Oh, I forgot to mention, the station at Shinjuku is HUGE!!!! There are like five subway/train lines at Shinjuku, as a result, the combination of them make an enormous underground passage. Seriously, the station extends to over a hundred blocks! That was awesome because I could walk through the nice air-condition underground instead of the boiling heat outside. Anyways, I did not get a chance to go in the Metropolitan Government Offices because it was close... I was kind of disappointed about that.

x
But my day totally went through the roof when I went to Fewmany - the best damn store in Japan. Fewmany is this little toy shop slash mini gallery. I spent soooooooo long in that there. They have a huge section of wicked-cool action figures and a few awesome shirts. I wanted to buy everything from Fewmany, but I settled for an Uglydoll 7" vinyl in the end.

Before heading back to Osaka, I went to check out the Takashimaya Times Square, this gigantic shopping mall. I spent a very short time there because it really sucked. There you go, that was the end of my Tokyo trip… I am actually thinking of doing a day-trip back as I missed two things I really wanted to see: the National Museum of Modern Art and the John Lennon Museum.

Next update: awesome fireworks, aquarium, and the Snoopy art exhibition in Osaka.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's Sunshine 60! Fancer!