Monday, August 14, 2006

japan: hiroshima day II

I toured around the city during my second day in Hiroshima. I checked out of the hotel at around 9:45 a.m. and started walking towards the Hiroshima Museum of Art. The museum featured art works by European artists as well as modern Japanese artists. I think I was one of the first visitors that morning... no security guards were on duty yet, so I was able to take a few pictures inside, including a few by Picasso! I hit up Hiroshima Castle after, the place was alright... not as impressive as the castle in Osaka though. I walked through Hon dori, which is another huge shopping arcade... I think there are like a thousand shopping arcades in Japan! My last stop in Hiroshima was the Prefectural Art Museum. The museum was full of paintings and crafts by Japanese and Asian, I particularly liked a piece called Holocaust In Hiroshima. The highlight of the Prefectural Art Museum had to be Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali. Seeing that painting in real life was amazing! So that was my second day in Hiroshima… stay tuned for my post about my crazy adventures in Shirahama that involved a beach, being stranded, and the police.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the fuck!? What's persistence of memory doing in japan!?

Jackman said...

i have no idea, but i asked the same thing when i saw it in the museum!