Sunday, August 27, 2006

ignore everything i wrote below and just download the mp3s... like seriously!

Ok, so it turns out I have pneumonia... my lower right lung is all diseased or something like that... I am feeling a little better though, that's why I am updating this blog. I discovered IAMX (pronounced I-Am-X, I think) while I was in Japan. IAMX's latest record, The Alternative, has an overall tone of dreaming the freedom for liberated love and sexual revolution. Really, what the hell am I talking about?!?!?!... I don’t know, just go along with it. The first track, "President", is a nice little epic-ish piano driven introduction. The lines "For all you lonely boys, I will be president, In all you sons of men, I can be accident" reinforce that dream and revolution quality I was talking about. (I guess) The title track, "The Alternative", takes on the characteristics of liberation: "so throw your guilt religion, to the liars and the weak, this is the politics and war, of ecstasy... the alternative to real world, is just time for me and a fantasy, be blind to myself, to idolize..." In my opinion, the track also imbeds this sexual overtone... but that's just me, I think everything’s about sex. "Nightlife" is an ecstasy dancy/clubbing track... very good... but just one question for IAMX though, how DOES one survive in the nightlife? Alright, let's skip to track seven, "Bring Me Back A Dog". This song is backed by some very heavy and anger background beats. IAMX's vocal starts out pretty soft, contrasting with the music; however, as the chorus sets in, IAMX's vocal becomes loud and distorted... a very intense song indeed. The closing track, "This Will Make You Love Again", is a slow, beautiful, emotional charged song... one of the best songs on the album, a great way to close an unbelievable record! So, there you go, this has been a really weird review, you should probably ignore what I wrote above and just listen to the music... but give me a break, I am still sick, my head hurts like hell and my mind is going insane!

President
The Alternative
Nightlife
Lulled By Numbers
Bring Me Back A Dog
This Will Make You Love Again

***files have expired, reload upon request

buy The Alternative here

No comments: