Saturday, August 19, 2006

springtime, you're gonna wished that we were friends

It was tough deciding on which album I should write about first after such a long time... Well, after thinking for about 10 seconds, I have decided to write about the Canadian boys from Hamilton, aka Junior Boys. I first heard Junior Boys at a record store in Toronto about a year or so ago and I thought they sounded a lot like Air. I wanted to listen to them more because I am a big fan of Air, but I never got around to it. That is until now, they have a new record, So This Is Goodbye, coming out on September 12 (11 in the UK) and I listened to that a lot while I was in Japan. I don’t think they sound like Air anymore... although they are both in the ambient/electronic genre. Their first single "In The Morning" is a great up-beat, dancy track. DJs need to start playing this in clubs! One thing I really like about So This Is Goodbye is that the vocal and music fit perfectly together. There is this undesirable balance between the two… just listen to tracks like "The Equalizer", "First Time", and "FM", then you might get what I am taking about. And then there is "Count Souvenirs", which sounds like an 80s song... to be more precise, a New Order song. So This Is Goodbye is a good chill-out/mellow record, not too hyperly dancy, but enough to make you move and have a good time! Oh, and I think all the songs below are all wicked-cool, so there is no need for me to put that beside every track.

The Equalizer
First Time
Count Souvenirs
In The Morning
So This Is Goodbye
When No One Cares
FM

***files have expired, reload upon request

preorder So This Is Goodbye here

No comments: