Tuesday, August 08, 2006

japan: the tide is in, it's time we all learn to swim, these rooftops won't save our lives

The day I came back from Tokyo, there was this huge fireworks festival thing at the river right near Jesse’s place. The train was freaking crazy... it usually takes about 10, 15 minutes at the most to get to Jesse’s place from Umeda station; but that day, it took me about 40 minutes, I was so irritated and sick of Japanese people by the end of my ride. Jesse’s friend Berry right near the river, so we went to watch festivities at his rooftop… the view was amazing! ...check the pictures out and see for yourself.
x
Yesterday, I went to the Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan. I actually walked around the place twice because I finished it so fast the first time that I thought I better walk around again so I could get my money’s worth. The place was pretty neat... the penguins were sooooo cute and the jellyfish were stunning!

I walked around the bay area, and then decided to check out the Suntory Museum, which was right next to the aquarium. There was this art exhibition there called Snoopy Life Design. I was hesitant to go at first as I am neither a fan of Snoopy nor the Peanuts comic/cartoon. But I am so glad that I went... the exhibit was really cool. A bunch of different artists took the Snoopy character and re-designed and interpreted it into their own visions. There were huge Snoopy statues painted and decorated in very weird and creative styles. Also, there was this space where you get to draw on a computer and your drawings are then projected onto a Snoopy stature... that was sooooooo cool!!!!!! In case you are wondering why I only took like four photos, it was because I wasn’t allowed to take any picture at all, but I managed to snap those ones.

By the time I was finished with the Snoopy Life Design exhibit, the sun was setting and I had a gorgeous view at the bay area. Again, check the pictures out and see for yourself. That is all for now, I am going to Hiroshima for a couple of days, so I’ll update this blog when I get back.

See the rest of the pictures here.

Peace.

2 comments:

roro said...

Wow, jackman you are totally living it up! Guess what? Today Dr. Han told me and Chuong that next summer she is going to take us to Japan for a month to interview top Japanese Firms, like toyota and many others!! And she;s going to pay!! isn't that crazy!! She's like "we're an awesome team and i think this will really benefit my research" fucking eh!!! Anyways, things here are busy as ever, i am supposed to meet taylors parents tonight, but i might not have time cause i have to go with anya to the funeral home to plan natasha's funeral (so fucking weird) and plus tay's sister just had her baby last night so they'll probably want to go to the hospital... oh her opera was awesome, you would have loved it... oh well i'm sure there will be more.... I am soooooo JEalous of all the fireworks you';ve been seeing!

xo
RObin

Anonymous said...

The jellyfish were stunning *ba-DUM-TCHHH!*