Monday, May 15, 2006

frankie! frankie!!!!!!!!!! pt. II

I am so excited!!!! I was just surfing the interweb today, browsing through upcoming releases, and I came across this. I cannot wait for this release... and it's on vinyl too!!! For those of you who are too young or just don’t know who Suicide is, shame on you... haha, just kidding. Suicide is a two piece punk/post-punk/experimental band from the late 70s/80s. And without a doubt, they are one of the most influential bands ever... I bet somewhere in your ipod, CD shelf, computer, etc., that there is at least one artist/band that is influenced by Suicide. Their music was strange and extremely experimental. They were breaking boundaries and creating subgenres... keep in mind that Suicide existed during the time of disco, 80s synthesis pop, and the rise of MTV. As a result, they were innovative and became a huge cult/underground icon. Some of you may remember that I have made a post for the song “Frankie Teardrop” back in February; you can read that post here. I was unable to share the song back then, but I have managed to upload it this time, so here it is:

Rocket U.S.A.
Johnny
Frankie Teardrop
^ [wicked-cool song]
^make sure you check out my pervious post on "Frankie Teardrop" before you download it because you may not want to hear it after reading the post
Keep Your Dreams
***all files have expired, reload upon request

I am not sure if the self-titled CD is still in print, but I bought the re-released vinyl a while back at Rotate This. Otherwise, shop around and I’m sure you’ll be able to find a copy somewhere.

No comments: