Sunday, February 18, 2007

let's have tea

Although I have always been curious of what Jesse Sykes sounded like, I have actually never heard anything by her until recently. Lusting for new music, I put on Like, Love, Lust & The Open Halls and discovered a familiar but yet refreshing alternative country-folk sound. The one thing that stands out for me is Sykes’ vocal. For me, there is this motherly, affectionate feeling in her voice... which, as a result, creates this cozy and warm sensation. The music of Like, Love, Lust & The Open Halls is calming and relaxing, it is that perfect record to spin in the background while enjoying your afternoon tea/coffee.

Eisenhower Moon
The Air is Thin
Spectral Beings
Hard Not to Believe
Morning it Comes

***files have expired, reload upon request

buy Like, Love, Lust & The Open Halls here

No comments: