Tuesday, February 13, 2007

i don't want the salesmen knocking at my door

Back in 2004, The Arcade Fire’s debut full length, Funeral, came out of nowhere and became one of the biggest acts in the indie music scene. Not only did they attract a huge fan-base in the US and overseas, they somewhat replaced (for a moment) the beloved Broken Social Scene as the Canadian indie-kids’ national heroes. So, like everyone else, I listened to Funeral, but I found myself NOT liking the album whatsoever! I mean, it was borderline enjoyable, and I absolutely didn’t get why everyone thought the album was so brilliant... it was one of those albums I just did not get and couldn’t get into. So, three years later, The Arcade Fire is set to release their follow-up entitled Neon Bible. Even though I despised Funeral, I wanted to give the new album a chance. As soon as I heard the first song, "Black Mirror", I knew that Neon Bible is a different album from Funeral, and I might actually enjoy it. The next track, "Keep The Car Running", is even more enjoyable than the first... and it kind of sounds like a Cure track to me for some reason. Anyways, to my surprise, The Arcade Fire actually released something that I like... Neon Bible is a pretty damn fine record and I think it gets better with each listen!

Keep The Car Running [wicked-cool song]
Intervention [wicked-cool song]
Ocean Of Noise
The Well And The Lighthouse
Windowsill
[wicked-cool song]
No Cars Go [wicked-cool song]
***files have expired, reload upon request

Neon Bible comes out on March 6, you can pre-order it here

***Patrick Wolf will be opening for The Arcade Fire in Europe:
03-05 Dublin, Ireland - Olympia
03-06 Dublin, Ireland - Olympia
03-08 Manchester, England - Apollo
03-09 Manchester, England - Apollo
03-11 Glasgow, Scotland - Barrowlands
03-12 Glasgow, Scotland - Barrowlands
03-14 London, England - Brixton Academy
03-15 London, England - Brixton Academy


*****They will also be playing at Massey Hall in Toronto on May 15 and 16!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! I do not understand what was so great about them

Jackman said...

totally... but the new album is really good!!!! ...you should give it a try!