Monday, January 15, 2007

the church is filled with losers, psycho, or confused

Of Montreal’s latest, Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?, is one of those albums that will slowly, but definitely grow on you. Nearly every single track carries this extremely catchy, fun, and unpredictable melody. In addition, the record features some very strange and abstract lyrics; making it even more enjoyable to listen to. Last year, many critics praised on The Hold Steady’s Boys And Girls In America as the prefect album to play during a college/frat house party (which I still don’t really get... what the hell is so good about that album??!!) Anyways, in my opinion, Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? is clearly the better college party album… by that, I mean it is the record to put on when everyone’s is high or drunk... it just sounds like one of those albums... but then again, how would I know: I can’t drink (much) due to problems with my liver and I don’t do drugs (anymore). Maybe someone out there can throw a party, play Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? and tell me all about your experience. Well, I guess I should probably stop writing all this nonsense now... enjoy the downloads!

Suffer for Fashion
Cato As A Pun
Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse
The Past is a Grotesque Animal
Faberge Falls for Shuggie
We Were Born the Mutants Again With Leafling

***files have expired, reload upon request

Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? comes out on January 23, you can pre-order it here

No comments: