Thursday, January 25, 2007

boys would fashion their emotions to the pattern of your heart

As reported before, Bright Eyes will be releasing Cassadaga on April 10, the follow-up to 2005’s I'm Wide Awake It's Morning and Digital Ash In A Digital Urn. The new album will be supported by an EP entitled Four Winds, which will feature the first single off of the new album plus five brand new b-sides. The first thing I noticed when I listen to Four Winds is the incredible production value. The sound quality of the EP is absolutely wonderful; I am just blown away by the instrumentations on each track. Oh, and not to mention, much like all other Bright Eyes releases, Four Winds again features some remarkable lyrics by Conor Oberst. I am pretty mcuh shocked by the fact that only the title track/single will appear on Cassadaga and the rest are just b-sides... hands down, Four Winds features the best collection of b-sides I have ever heard. After hearing the EP, I know that it will make every Bright Eyes fan extremely happy and I cannot wait to hear Cassadaga.

Four Winds [wicked-cool song]
Reinvent The Wheel [wicked-cool song]
Smoke Without Fire
[wicked-cool song]
Cartoon Blues [wicked-cool song]
***files have expired, reload upon request


Four Winds EP comes out on March 6, you can pre-order the CD version here and the 12" vinyl here

No comments: