Thursday, January 04, 2007

19. you're only 19 for god's sake... oh, you don't need a boyfriend

Not only do I love making those year-end lists, I also love reading other peoples’ lists as well... it’s a great and easy way to discover new music. In the past few weeks, I have noticed that Someone To Drive You Home by The Long Blondes has been popping up in many of those lists. I have heard of the band in the past, but I had no idea what they sounded like. So naturally, I checked out MySpace and downloaded a few songs from the album. Within a short period of time, I find myself liking the record tremendously and enjoying it more and more with each listen. Someone To Drive You Home is like a bowl of indie pop rock with a hint of 70s punk and 80s New Wave. It is catchy as hell; and the young and fun vibe is surely the main attraction of the record! As much as I hate to do this… but in a way, Someone To Drive You Home falls right in the middle of Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ Fever To Tell and Show Your Bones... it is not as hyper as the former, but not as rock anthem like as the latter.

Lust In The Movies
Once And Never Again [wicked-cool song]
Giddy Stratospheres
Seperated By Motorways
[wicked-cool song]
Swallow Tattoo
***files have expired, reload upon request

buy Someone To Drive You Home here

No comments: