Sunday, December 03, 2006

what the hell is an ohbijou?

The Joanna Newsom show that I went to back in October featured one of the better openers I have encountered in recent shows. It was a local band called Ohbijou. The band had about six or seven... or eight members on stage playing countless instruments from the violin and cello to the trumpet and ukulele; every single one of those instruments sounded great and the lead vocal was beautiful. I want to buy a copy of their CD at that show; but unfortunately, they were all gone by the end of the concert. I was going to look them up on the interweb, but I kind of forgot about them until mid-last week. To be honest, I am a little disappointed by their debut full length, Swift Feet For Troubling Times. Nevertheless, my roommate and I concluded that this disappointment only exists because of the wonderful live performance we both experienced. I am pretty positive that for those who have never seen Ohbijou live, they would surly enjoy Swift Feet For Troubling Times. Ohbijou is talented and definitely very promising, so make time in your busy schedule and listen to the tracks below.

from Zips And Zings EP
1. Misty Eyes
2. Tumbleweeds
3. Blizzards
4. Step


from Swift Feet For Troubling Times
The Otherside
St. Francis
To Rest In Peace on Righteous Tides
Raccoons
Lamppost
The Woods

***files have expired, reload upon request

Buy Swift Feet For Troubling Times here.

No comments: