Sunday, November 26, 2006

short pants, romance, learn to dance

There seems to be quite a lot of shockingly negative reviews on The Walkmen’s take on Pussy Cats (Nilsson). I have been listening to that record for the past few weeks now and it is really had to believe anyone can say anything bad about it. Having almost a music culture and history minor (short one credit… I think) from U of T, I have dealt with a handful of classic rock history and had become a big classic rock fan. For me, it is great to see a contemporary band that I respect, such as The Walkmen, do such a fine job in covering some of the best music ever made such as Bill Haley’s "Rock Around the Clock" and Bob Dylan’s "Subterranean Homesick Blues". As I listen to "Pussy Cats" Starring The Walkmen, I can’t help but imagining what a great time the band had while making this record: there’s this indescribable fun vibe that The Walkmen brought to the record, making the album even more enjoyable to listen to.

Many Rivers To Cross [wicked-cool song]
Subterranean Homesick Blues [wicked-cool song]
Don't Forget Me [wicked-cool song]
Save the Last Dance [wicked-cool song]
Loop de Loop [wicked-cool song]
Rock Around the Clock [wicked-cool song]
***files have expired, reload upon request

Buy "Pussy Cats" Starring The Walkmen here.

No comments: