Friday, November 03, 2006

death cab - october 31, 2006 @ massey hall

The Death Cab concert was on Halloween night... I actually didn’t really care about the show because one: it’s Halloween and I wanted to go out; two: I didn’t want to hear hundreds of teenage girls singing along to "I Will Follow You Into the Dark"; three: I am not really a fan of new Death Cab (Plans) and I wanted them to play stuffs from We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes; four: I think I have seen them enough times, and nothing will beat the first Death Cab show in Toronto about three or four years ago (it was a 19+ show and they played a cover of "All Is Full of Love").

To my surprise, the show was actually really great! It was at Massey Hall, which in my opinion, is of the best venues in Toronto. My seat was fifth row back and located right at the centre of the stage… so, it was great to start with. However, when Death Cab came on, Ben Gibbard was like "this is a rock concert, so everyone should stand up"... shortly after, a few people (including me) rushed to the front of the stage and I actually ended up right in front of the stage for the rest of the show. All in all, the teenage sing-along wasn’t too bad and they actually played a few tracks from Facts… I went crazy for "Company Calls". The highlight of the show had to be the encore; in fact, I think it was the best encore I have ever seen. The entire band came out dressed up as Devo and they played four classic Devo songs!!! That was just incredible!!! After, still in their Devo outfits, they play a handful of their own songs to end the show.

Go here to see more pictures from the show.

No comments: