Friday, September 14, 2007

where are your legs that used to run

I guess it is fair to say that I have a soft spot for Celtic punk as I have been a longtime fan of bands like Flogging Molly and especially Shane MacGowan and The Pogues! My love for the genre will continue to grow as Dropkick Murphys are set to release their sixth album entitled The Meanest of Times this coming Tuesday (Sept 18). As always, the band’s exceptional ability to blend punk rock and Celtic folk is evident throughout the new record. Perhaps tracks such as "The State of Massachusetts", "Flannigan's Ball", "Loyal To No-One" and the traditional Irish anti-war song, "Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya" are perfect examples that exhibit from the best of both worlds. The Meanest of Times is everything a fan could ask for as the celebratory fast tempo and raw vocals will no doubt satisfy everyone.

The State of Massachusetts [wicked-cool song]
Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya [wicked-cool song]
***all files expire in 7 days or until bandwidth reaches its limit

Dropkick Murphys: The Meanest Of TimesThe Meanest Of Times comes out on September 18th, you can pre-order it here

No comments: