- Beth Gibbons’ "witch-like"/weird voice is gone
- The absence of scratching/turntable effects
- Gibbons’ voice is still gorgeously haunting
- Gibbons’ voice also sounds vulnerable at times... absolutely stunning!
- Musically more rhythm driven than previous albums
- The majority of the album sounds like something from 1970s Italian horror flicks!
- Machine Gun (my favourite song of the moment) is the first single
Although not necessarily "trip-hop" sounding, Third still possesses the classic Portishead sound quality. It is a magnificently dark and surreal album by a timeless band.
We Carry On [wicked-cool song]
Machine Gun [super-wicked-cool song]
***all files expire in 7 days or until bandwidth reaches its limit
visit Portishead's MySpace here
Third comes out on April 28th, you can pre-order a beautiful looking limited edition box set here