Monday, June 11, 2007

i know that i would throw up if i saw someone dying

Fake Problems is a band that's been progressing with every release. One could easily hear the differences between the band’s last EP, Spurs And Spokes/Bull > Matador and their latest, How Far Our Bodies Go. It seems to me lots of changes were made for the new record... by changes, I don’t mean style, but in terms of the music quality. I liked Spurs And Spokes/Bull > Matador, but I thought there were always something missing from it, but I just have nothing negative to say about the new full-length! How Far Our Bodies Go sounds great: Fake Problems’ blend of folk, country, and punk along with catchy rhythms and crisp vocals give the record a much needed happy, fulfilling sound. Many have compared Fake Problems with Against Me!, but to me, How Far Our Bodies Go is my new replacement for Set Your Goals’ Mutiny! Finding a good, pure punk album nowadays is like looking for a needle in a haystack. You either get one of those bubblegum pop bands or the scream-chorus-scream-chorus generic “emo” bands that consider themselves punk. Fake Problems is the medicine to the badly wounded punk scene, How Far Our Bodies Go is one of the most natural, fun, and honest punk albums in years.

How Far Our Bodies Go
Born & Raised [wicked-cool song]
To Repel Ghosts
Heck Yeah Summer!
Life's A Drink, Get Thirsty!
***all files expire in 7 days or until bandwidth reaches its limit

buy How Far Our Bodies Go here

3 comments:

vadpa_Ryan_Kelpin said...

you coming down to SceneFest, jackman, there are a couple good bands this year.
Two Hours Traffic
Valery Gore
The Constantines
etc.

Liam said...

For a moment I thought the one on the left was millie, when I couldn't see the upper half of the body, but then I realized that she has better taste in shoes than that. Fucking skinny jeans.

Jackman said...

Scenefest's lineup looks great, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to make it yet.