Wednesday, April 26, 2006

this is where it ends

As I wait for the second overtime period to start between the Edmonton Oilers and Detroit Red Wings, let me introduce you to another new band I’ve been listening to. I downloaded Apocalypse In Increments by Ryan's Hope after reading a very positive review (4.5 out of 5) from PunkNew.org (a site with very trustworthy reviews). After just a few listens, I immediately fell in love with the record. I have now heard the album for about 10 cycles and it only gets stronger with each listen! I haven’t heard such an impressive skate-punk album since the release of Millencolin’s Pennybridge Pioneers six long years ago. Apocalypse In Increments is loud, fast, and aggressive. There are countless memorable riffs along with extremely catchy lyrics. Everything just falls perfectly... another solid album to add to my 2006 list. Anyways, I have to get back to hockey now, if you want a more in-depth review, go to read it at PunkNews.org, otherwise, here are a couple of songs for your enjoyment!

Sounds like: The Movielife's This Time Next Year and early Millencolin

My Motivation: Your Demise
Exorcism
[wicked-cool song]
***all files have expired, reload upon request

as you can see, I added a new feature: [wicked-cool song] simply means that I highly recommend the song... so you must download it! right now!

buy Apocalypse In Increments here

2 comments:

elaine x said...

the blog of a true optimist and perhaps on of the only hockey fans left ... keep it up ! interesting blog.
peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'

Jackman said...

thanks for the compliments!