Monday, April 17, 2006

nobody plans to be half a world away at times like these

This is my 100th post since I started this blog. I want to dedicate this post to my grandpa in Australia, who has just passed away today. I have not seen him in over 10 years, but have talked to him every so often. From what I could remember, he was a very sweet, loving man. He gave me my very first coffee... he poured in extra sugar and milk because I could not stand the bitter taste of black coffee. I think I had like four or five cups that day because I loved it so much and he liked to spoil me. I feel extremely bad that I have not seen him for so long. Every time I talk to him on the phone, he would ask when I’ll be visiting. I was actually planning to go see him this summer since I’d be done in U of T, but it's now too late and I will never get a chance to see him again. I guess that is all I want to express right now, sorry for such a downer post.

5 comments:

Robin said...

sorry to hear that jackman, it's good to know that you have such nice memories of him though

Robin said...

p.s congratulations on hitting 100, i have thoroughly enjoyed every post! thanks :)

Jackman said...

thanks for the kind words robin!

Nicholas said...

Coffee. The man introduced you to the second greatest thing on earth. If nothing else, remember him for that.

Jackman said...

starbucks coffee = happy jackman