Wednesday, March 29, 2006

new featured artist

At last I have finished my opera and Mozart essays!!! So now, I can finally work on this long overdue post! I came across Matthew Woodson’s crazily amazing site about a month ago. Woodson is a 22 year old graduate of the Art Institute of Chicago. He does many beautiful, lifelike illustrations of mostly human, some animals, insects, and landscapes. All of his works are hand drawn in ink and than colored in Photoshop. (that’s very similar to my process too!) What caught my attention was the way Woodson presents body language in his drawings. His characters are so lifelike: their body gestures, facial expressions, and the way they interact with other characters are unbelievably natural; thus creating real emotions... yet, they embed these cartoon-ish characteristics in them. This is kind of difficult to explain, please check out examples of Woodson’s work here and maybe you’ll get what I am trying to say.

ps, I’m currently working on new art for this blog, so look for new changes in the near future! here's a little preview. enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

again i ask, what about mariah carey's scary??????????????

Anonymous said...

i started working on it, but it didn't look good, so i gave up... i'll probably go back to it in a few weeks.