Wednesday, August 06, 2008

jaguar love: take me to the sea

Jaguar Love is the result of two breakups: The Blood Brothers (Johnny Whitney and Cody Votolato) and Pretty Girls Make Graves (Jay Clark). Fans of the two will immediately notice Jaguar Love’s similarities to the former band by just hearing a couple of tracks off Take Me To The Sea. While The Blood Brothers was faster, rougher, harder, and more experimental with their style, Jaguar Love is more polished, catchier, and the band incorporates electronic/dance elements in their full-length debut. I prefer Jaguar Love’s sound at the moment, but I am sure if Take Me To The Sea came out five years ago... the same time as Burn, Piano Island, Burn, it might be a different story.

Bats Over The Pacific Ocean [wicked-cool song]
Humans Evolves Into Skycrapers
My Organ Sounds Like
***all files expire in 7 days or until bandwidth reaches its limit

visit Jaguar Love's MySpace here
Take Me To The Sea comes out on August 19th, you can pre-order it here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey JCFace,
I saw your comment on Facebook, but for some reason forgot to respond. I've been really busy recently. Anyways, I really like this album. However, there is a song that was on the EP that didn't make it on called Videotape Seascape which I think is better than any song on the album. I like Highways of Gold too though. What what?! So, no Champagne Champagne, eh? I really want to get their EP, their songs on Myspace sound good.

Peace

Anonymous said...

Just realized how poorly written my comment was. Sorry.