Monday, March 26, 2007

i heart shiny things

I cannot stop listening to a song called "Atlas" by Battles. After playing the song about 8 billion times today, a friend of mine finally asked, “what genre would you categorize that song?” ...and I randomly and ridiculously relied, “sci-fi experimental rock...?” I don’t even know what that means! Nevertheless, I stand by my comment... "Atlas" really sounds like a sci-fi-techno-experimental-rock song to me. I think that “genre” popped in my head because of their video for the track. It is so totally a hi-tech sci-fi video… and it is very shinny!



Regretless of the genre, "Atlas" is my new favourite song and the video is absolutely amazing... plus, Mirrored, Battles’ new disc, is a damn fine record!!!

Atlas [super-wicked-cool song]
Ddiamondd
Leyendecker
[wicked-cool song]
Rainbow
Snare Hanger

***files have expired, reload upon request

Mirrored comes out on May 15

No comments: