Saturday, March 24, 2007

i can't believe i lent my hand to help destroy a helpless man

I have been longing for some good rock music for the last 48 hours or so. There are three albums that are kind of fulfilling this obsession at the moment: Manchester Orchestra’s I'm Like A Virgin Losing A Child, Senses Fail’s Still Searching, and Menomena’s Friend and Foe. I have praised about the first two records last year; however, I have yet to write a review for Friend and Foe. Menomena is relatively a new band to me... actually, I have never heard of the band till the new album. Friend and Foe features a very mellow, rhythm driven style. The record has this mixture of experimental rock with jazz/blues... kind of like The Mars Volta… but not as abstract and pretentious!! I have listened to over 40 albums so far in 2007, and Menomena’s Friend and Foe definitely stands out among the already very impressive list of records.

The Pelican [wicked-cool song]
Wet and Rusting [wicked-cool song]
Wierd [wicked-cool song]
My My [super-wicked-cool song]
Boyscount'n [super-wicked-cool song]
Ghostship [wicked-cool song]
***files have expired, reload upon request

buy Friend and Foe here

No comments: