Thursday, February 23, 2006

say no to arctic monkeys

So I have finally heard the new Arctic Monkeys album today. Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not set the record for the fastest-selling UK debut album of all time, no wonder why it is the most hyped album of 2006 so far! But wait... Why is this album so good? How the hell did it become the fastest-selling UK debut album of all time?? The title accurately describes how I feel about this album: Whatever People Say I Am: everyone’s saying this is THE album to get and that Arctic Monkeys is THE band of the year… well… That's What I'm Not: HA! Exactly! The band’s no good and the album’s no good! (there’re only like 3 or 4 okay songs on it… what a waste of my time!)

There are so many better British bands out there with similar sounds – The Libertines and Test Icicles just on top of my head. Speaking of Test Icicles, For Screening Purposes Only is an amazing album… definitely one of the better releases so far in 2006. The album combines the sound of hardcore and dancepunk, as a result, it is noisy and dancy all at the same time! Go check it out.

Test Icicles - What's In The Box
Test Icicles - Circle Square Triangle
Test Icicles - All You Need Is Blood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Screw you, fucking bastard.