Monday, March 30, 2009

micachu: jewellery

At just 21 years of age, Mica Levi aka Micachu is by far one of the most talented musicians today. Her debut record, Jewellery is beyond brilliant and absolutely original! A few weeks ago, I tweeted that “Micachu is like the female version of Jamie T!” I still stand by this statement; in fact, that is what I have been telling people when they ask me what Micachu sounds like. Ok, let me be explain... I don’t think that Micachu is a Jamie T rip-off... Jewellery just reminds me of Panic Prevention for its range of style and the cross-genre sound; the imaginative layers of complex melodies; and the overall up-tempo and carefree experience. Micachu has crafted something incredibly unique, lively, and fresh; Jewellery is a pop sensation and it is one of my favourite records of the year so far.

Abandon Ship [wicked-cool song]
Just In Case [wicked-cool song]
Worst Bastard [wicked-cool song]
***all files expire in 7 days or until bandwidth reaches its limit

visit Micachu's MySpace here
buy Jewellery here

No comments: