Saturday, June 27, 2009

discovery: lp

There is something about the excruciating heat wave and the blinding sun in the summer time that makes me particularly want to listen to pop/dance music. There is Kate Bush’s classic Hounds of Love, Annie’s Anniemal and probably my all-time summer favourite, The Tough Alliance’s A New Chance. I don’t know why I listen to those records more during the summer, maybe it is the cheerful and upbeat songs that act as temporary reliefs for the sometime vicious scorching weather (I am NOT a summer person!)

So, what is my new medicine the season? It is Discovery’s debut full-length simply titled LP. Discovery is a side project by Rostam Batmanglij from Vampire Weekend and Wes Miles from Ra Ra Riot. The half an hour of awesome auto-tuning vocals and cheerful dance beats make up for one tremendously catchy album! I have only listened to LP handful of times (and absolutely loving it so far!), but I can already tell that it will become a personal summer favourite!

Osaka Loop Line [wicked-cool song]
Can You Discover? [wicked-cool song]
I Want You Back (Jackson 5 cover) [wicked-cool song]

visit Discovery's MySpace here
LP comes out on July 7th, pre-order it here

No comments: