Thursday, November 15, 2007

do you like my ponytail?

Other then the fact that Natalie Portman's Shaved Head is probably the coolest/funniest band name in music today, I had absolutely no knowledge of the band prior to listening to their debut EP, Secret Crush; but thankfully, their music live up to their name. The EP is full of lighthearted and amusing electro dance punk tracks. Other than "Sophisticated Side Ponytail", which sounds delightfully like a Peaches song, the majority of the EP reminds me of The Faint and The Rapture, as well as a bit of The Blow. I feel that it is unnecessary for me to write any more about the Secret Crush EP because I am sure that many of you will download the songs below simply for the fact that band’s name is Natalie Portman's Shaved Head!

Sophisticated Side Ponytail [wicked-cool song]
Beard Lust [wicked-cool song]
***all files expire in 7 days or until bandwidth reaches its limit

please visit Natalie Portman's Shaved Head's MySpace page here

No comments: