Tuesday, February 03, 2009

ghost bees: tasseomancy ep

A friend from school told me about Ghost Bees a couple of months ago. After hearing some lovely songs on their MySpace, I decided to check out Tasseomancy EP. Ghost Bees consist of twin sisters Romy and Sari Lightman from Halifax, Nova Scotia. Their EP features hauntingly gorgeous folk melodies, fantastical fairy-tale like lyrics, and Joanna Newsom like vocals. I think I fell in love with Tasseomancy EP because of the third track, "Erl King"... a sort of cover of one of my favourite classical songs: Franz Schubert’s "Der Erlkönig". The weird thing is that I compared that song to Ghost Bees’ labelmate, Fall Horsie last October (not knowing that Ghost Bees covered it). Anyway, Ghost Bees are definitely one of the brightest up and coming Canadian acts and I can’t wait to hear more music from them!

Vampires Of The West Coast
Erl King [wicked-cool song]
***all files expire in 7 days or until bandwidth reaches its limit

visit Ghost Bees' MySpace here
buy Tasseomancy EP here

No comments: