Tuesday, July 06, 2010

perfume genius: learning

The music of Mike Hadreas has been very therapeutic for me as of late. Mike Hadreas, aka Perfume Genius recently released his brilliant debut record entitled Learning. Perfume Genius is like the male version of PJ Havey (on White Chalk) and Grouper. He is White Chalk’s PJ Havey because of the haunting piano ballads/arrangements and Hadreas’ vulnerably delicate voice throughout Learning. On the other hand, he is Grouper because of gorgeous ambient track like "Gay Angels", and despite all of the darkness and sadness that derived from the album, Learning is quite comforting. Perfume Genius’ Learning is hands down the most beautiful record I’ve heard this year and it is now on the top of my list, along with Avi Buffalo’s S/T and These New Puritans’ Hidden as my favourite records of the year of far.

Learning [wicked-cool song]





visit Perfume Genius' MySpace here
buy Learning here

1 comment:

trudy1 said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. translation agencies.