Monday, October 10, 2011

the front bottoms: the front bottoms

The Front Bottoms’ self-titled debut is the catchiest album since Dog Problems by The Format. Indeed, there are some similarities between the two. Much like Dog Problems, The Front Bottoms features a handful of humorously cheesy and immature lyrics; but ultimately, the album is fun, carefree and youthful! Every song has at least one or two witty/memorable lines: "Please fall asleep so I can take pictures of you and hang them in my room, so when I wake up I feel like yea everything's alright" ("Flashlight"); "And I will remember that summer, as the summer I was taking steroids. Cause you like a man with muscles, and I like you." ("The Beers")

The energetic sing-along lyrics work perfectly with the lively folk-pop music—this is no doubt the result of the incredible chemistry between the two members of The Front Bottoms, Brian Sella and Mathew Uychich.

The Front Bottoms is pure and playful; it is a highly enjoyable and memorable record... and I can’t get over how damn catchy it is!









Site | Bandcamp | Twitter | Facebook | MySpace
buy The Front Bottoms here

No comments: