Sunday, April 23, 2006

god loves a liar

This weekend consisted of nothing but watching NHL playoffs (Go Habs Go) and studying for my Popular Music in North America exam... which for the past week, I thought is on Tuesday, but it is actually tomorrow!! ...and yes, I am taking a course in university called Popular Music in North America, and I may be able to used "Fuck The Police" by NWA as an answer for the final exam, how cool is that! Anyways, looking at the front page of this blog, I noticed that there is nothing but Patrick Wolf, Final Fantasy, and Feist posts. I think I have shown enough affection for those artists; as a result, I am going to try to feature different musicians for at least the next few posts. So, I am here to introduce A Wilhelm Scream – a punk rock/post-hardcore band that I have been listening to nonstop this past month and a half. I currently have two releases by A Wilhelm Scream: Mute Print and Ruiner. Both are great records, but in my opinion, Ruiner is far greater! Ruiner features memorable guitar riffs: catchy, but not poppy in a sense that it will make you get tire of the album after five listens; as well, it has lightning fast rhythms along with aggressive vocals. Seriously, I cannot put this album down. This is the closest to good old punk rock without being too poppy, not that there is anything wrong with pop punk (well, some pop punk). Please, if you like fast post-hardcore punk rock music, you absolutely have to check out A Wilhelm Scream. They are playing tomorrow night at The Opera House with Protest the Hero and Bayside!

Sounds like: Against Me, Hot Water Music, Propagandhi, Rise Against

Famous Friends And Fashion Drunks from Mute Print
The Rip from Mute Print
The King is Dead from Ruiner
Killing It from Ruiner
Congratulations from Ruiner ***file has expired, reload upon request
Less Bright Eyes, More Deicide from Ruiner (i highly disagree with the title... but a great song nonetheless) [wicked-cool song] ***file has expired, reload upon request

buy A Wilhelm Scream releases here

2 comments:

roro said...

who would have known you could use it twice! FUCK THE POLICE!

Anonymous said...

I think I somehow know the guys from protest the hero in a once/twice/thrice removed sort-of way.