Sunday, April 16, 2006

dressing in drag your best friend's clothes, while boys kissed boys in hotel rooms

When Team Love first launched in 2004, I was extremely curious in finding out all the bands and artists Conor Oberst had on his roster. One of those bands was Tilly and The Wall. I downloaded their debut album Wild Like Children immediately and have been loving it ever since. I think a huge part of why I like the album so much is because I saw them live opening for Bright Eyes. They were so much fun. From what I can remember, their set did not consist of a drum kit; instead, members of the band would tap dance and clap. They sang in harmony along with an acoustic guitar, resulting in a very camp fire like atmosphere. May 23 is the release date for T&TW’s second album entitled Bottoms of Barrels. I think it may have the potential to surpass the amazing first record: I have heard three songs from Bottoms of Barrels so far and none of them were disappointing. The stand out track for me is "Bad Education". It sounds like something out of an Antonio Banderas film... wait, is that a good thing?? Anyways, I think "Bad Education" did a great job at capturing T&TW's live qualities; I can’t wait to hear the rest of the album.

Bad Education from Bottoms of Barrels
Nights Of The Living Dead from Wild Like Children [wicked-cool song]
Bessa from Wild Like Children

preorder Bottoms of Barrels at the Team Love store and get a limited 7" for only 99 cents. They did that for the Jenny Lewis release also, fucking great deal!!!!

No comments: