Monday, February 18, 2008

grand archives: grand archives, i was a club scout: i want you to know that there is always hope

There are a couple of records I want to recommend in this post, so I will try to keep each one relatively short.

The first record is a self-titled debut by Grand Archives. Like many people, I was drawn to the band because of Mat Brooke, the founder of the band and an ex-member of Band of Horses. For me, the most appealing quality of the album is how the magnificent vocals by the five members generate comforting and warming harmonies. In addition, the instrumentations on most songs feel very uplifting: whether from the horn and harmonica in “Miniature Birds”, or the strings, piano, and tambourine in “Sleepdriving”, the feeling of success and consoling closure is felt throughout the album. Grand Archives is nearly perfect, it is one of those albums that will force you to close your eyes and just fall into a fantastic pit of vocals, rhythms and melodies.

Torn Blue Foam Couch [wicked-cool song]
Index Moon [wicked-cool song]
George Kaminski
***all files expire in 7 days or until bandwidth reaches its limit

Grand Archives comes out on February 19th, you can pre-order it here





My second album suggestion is I Want You To Know That There Is Always Hope by I Was a Cub Scout. It is excellent simply for the fact that it is a straight forward rock record. Todd Marriott’s vocal is delightfully soothing for the most part, while it becomes passionately and emotionally charged at just the appropriate moments. I Want You To Know That There Is Always Hope is a cross between Manchester Orchestra and The Twilight Sad... but slightly more poppy. It is very difficult for me not to upload the entire album because it is full of incredible songs; nonetheless please enjoy what I have posted.

Save Your Wishes [wicked-cool song]
Pink Squares [wicked-cool song]
Recommendations [wicked-cool song]
***all files expire in 7 days or until bandwidth reaches its limit

I Want You To Know That There Is Always Hope is out today in the UK, you can buy it here

No comments: